Welcome to KULA Yoga, Port Angeles WA
Our August newsletter has been launched, did you receive it? Here’s a link to view it, and if you want to be on the mailing list, click on the link on the newsletter where it says ‘Join Our Mailing List‘.
Please feel free to submit articles for the newsletters, ie: short stories, poetry, little bits of random info. As well, any information or announcements you’d like to share. The newsletter is meant to keep us all connected as a community!
We are pleased to offer Outdoor Yoga every Sunday morning at 10AM. We will continue to offer these classes as long as the weather co-operates!! Look for us behind the Feiro Marine Life Center, either on the grassy area or at the end of the pier. Bring your Yoga mat and some water. Perhaps a hat and sunscreen. We recommend dressing in layers so you’re prepared for sun or shade!
*This class is by donation.
It’s our way of offering back to the community. Every three months the charity will change. Our current focus is Serenity House of Clallam County! They provide safe, decent and affordable housing to homeless families and individuals in the area, and they are dedicated to ending homelessness’.
Friday night’s Power Flow at 530PM is a ‘by donation’ class. Please offer what you can (small or large) when you come to this class, and at the end of October, KULA will be pleased to donate all that has been collected. We will happily take your donations all through the week as well.
All levels are welcome to attend this Karma Power Flow class.
Are you a student? Do you work in the Health Care Industry? You will definitely want to check out our Prices tab for our current promotions!
We are happy to introduce our first Guest Instructor, Tara Dyberg. She will be at KULA September 6th & 7th to offer her expertise and passion for movement. Click here for more info!
Students are encouraged to open their own profile with MINDBODY. You can view your past purchases and classes taken, as well as reserve your spot in class and use the Online Store to purchase class passes, gift certificates, etc.
Information & Class Etiquette:
1. Arrive 10-15 minutes early. This ensures you ample time to get your things put away, find a good place to set your mat and even a pre-savasana to get you into the right mindset for your practice.
2. Refrain from using your cell-phone. Please make sure it is set to silent and leave it with your other belongings.
3. Please do your best to make the studio a scent-free space. Some guests are sensitive to fragrances, and smells can be distracting. Feel free to freshen up and spritz away, after class.
4. Know when to shhh. Please err on the side of quiet and read the energy in the room. Some like to meditate and clear their minds in preparation for their practice.
5. Place your mat and belongings down gently. Your neighbour will thank your for being so mindful! After class, please put away any props you may have used, and if you borrowed one of our mats, please give it a light spray before rolling it back up.
6. Please leave your shoes at the entrance and enjoy the freedom of going barefoot in the studio.
7. Ultimately, you are your own teacher. Listen to your body and take a break if you need to. It is okay to take a rest!
8. Hydration is key. Make sure you are drinking enough water during the day to ensure your practice runs smoothly. If you’re feeling dizzy or experiencing cramping in your joints, this may mean you need to up the H2O!
9. Enjoy your class and thank you for being a part of the Kula Yoga community!!
Kula is a Sanskrit word that means community of the heart. It is the idea that all of the diversity of creation in the universe is in relationship and is connected. Kula Yoga in Port Angeles, WA was created by Travis Riemer, with the desire to provide a safe and supportive environment where people can come and learn the art of yoga, enjoy its health benefits and experience a deeper connection with themselves and then in return a deeper connection with the community at large. Kula has now entered a new phase. Jenny Stewart Houston is the new Director & Owner of the studio. As with all change, there are likely to be growing pains. She is approachable and receptive to your comments & concerns, so please feel free to contact her, via email or phone.
Email Kula Yoga Studio
128 East Front St. Port Angeles, WA
For more info contact Jenny at 360-393-0977